- Corn tortillas, I used 15 of them
- 1 cup dried quinoa
- 2 cups roasted red pepper enchilada sauce, or sauce of your choice
- 1 15 ounce can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 8.5 ounces canned corn, or frozen or fresh
- 1/2 cup roasted green chilies, diced
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheese, divided, I used Monterrey jack
- 2 tablespoons salsa, your favorite kind
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Rinse 1 cup of dried quinoa and place it in a medium sized sauce pan with two cups of water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until all the water is absorbed and quinoa is cooked through.
- In a large bowl, combine the warm quinoa, black beans, green chilies, corn, salsa, spices, and salt to taste. Stir in 1/2 – 1 cup of cheese, until melted.
- Warm the corn tortillas, in a pan or in the oven, until they are are easy to fold without breaking.
- Place 1 cup of enchilada sauce into the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish. Put about 1/4 – 1/3 cup of quinoa mixture into each tortilla and roll tortilla around the mixture. Place fold side down in the pan with the enchilada sauce.
- Once all enchiladas have been filled and added to the pan, cover them with the other 1 cup of enchilada sauce and spread out over the enchiladas. Top with about 1/2 cup of shredded cheese and place in a 350 degree F oven for about 20 minutes, until cheese is melted.
If making vegan, use dairy free cheese, or omit cheese all together, they will still taste great!