These Rice and Bean Quesadillas are so easy to make and use mostly pantry ingredients!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil-
- 1 cup cooked rice, I used basmati rice
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 4–6 tortillas
- Shredded cheese, I used sharp cheddar
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add olive oil, rice, beans and spices. Cook until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Lay your tortilla on a cutting board and and sprinkle one half with a small handful of cheese 1/4 – 1/3 cup and then top with an equal amount of rice and bean mixture. Fold tortilla over and place in a lightly greased pan. Cook quesadilla until cheese is melted and each side of the tortilla is golden brown, flipping once.
- Let quesadillas cool for a few minutes before slicing.