These Roasted Blackened Potatoes are so delicious and flavorful! They’re a fun new way to enjoy potatoes as a side dish or snack.
- 4–5 medium russet potatoes
- 2–3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon herbs de Provence, or dried Italian herbs
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F. Either boil, bake or microwave whole potatoes until they are fork tender but have a slight give in the middle of the potato. You want to be able to slice them without them falling apart. I microwaved my potatoes for 7-10. You can either leave the peel on or take it off, it is up to you.
- Slice potatoes into evenly thick circles. I like to make mine 1/4-12 inch thick, you can you make them however thin or thick you prefer.
- Add all blackening seasonings to a small bowl and mix until combined. Line an extra large sheet pan with parchment paper and lay potatoes down in a single layer. Brush the top of the potatoes with olive oil and then sprinkle with half of the blackening spice mixture. Flip potatoes and repeat with the remaining oil and seasoning.
- Bake potato slices until cooked through and blackened, 30-40 minutes, flipping once. Enjoy potatoes on their own or with your favorite dipping sauce!
I include lots of notes and answer recipe questions in the blog post!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 50 mins
- Category: Side, Vegan
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Roasted Blackened Potatoes