These Roasted Root Vegetable Buddha Bowls are healthy, filling and perfect for lunch or dinner!
- 8 cups of your favorite root vegetables, chopped (I used carrots, sweet potato, rutabagas, parsnips, turnips and red onion)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup dried quinoa
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 4 handfuls baby kale
- 2 small avocados, sliced
- Balsamic glaze
- Optional toppings: fresh herbs, fresh lemon juice, liquid aminos
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. On a large sheet pan, toss together root vegetables, olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast vegetables until fork tender and starting to brown, about 40 minutes, flipping once.
- Add quinoa to a medium sized pot with 1 1/2 cups water, or broth. Bring to a simmer and simmer until quinoa is cooked through, about 10-15 minutes.
- Assemble bowls: Add a heaping 1/2 cup of quinoa, 1/4 of the root vegetables, 2 tablespoons hummus and 1/2 of an avocado. Drizzle the top with desired amount of balsamic glaze and top with fresh herbs and lemon juice, if desired.
Recipe makes enough for 4 bowls, but you could also mix everything together in a large bowl to make a big salad.