These Sheet Pan Tofu and Vegetable Bowls are perfect for a healthy and delicious vegan meal prep lunch or dinner!
- 1 package extra firm tofu, about 15.5 ounces
- 3 teaspoons toasted sesame oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon tamari, or soy sauce (I like to use low sodium)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 1 large red pepper, diced
- 1 1/2 cups diced carrots
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 cup snap peas, cut in half
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- White rice or quinoa for serving, if desired. I cooked 1 cup of basmati rice.
- Optional garnishes: green onion, cilantro, crushed peanuts, toasted sesame seeds
Ginger Peanut Sauce:
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup + 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 teaspoons tamari, or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- Sriracha, to taste
- 1 pinch salt
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. Drain the water from the tofu, wrap it in a dishtowel and press it for at least 15 minutes, the longer the better.
- Cut tofu into bite sized cubes and add to a bowl with 1 teaspoon sesame oil, 1 tablespoon tamari and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder. Mix until combined and let sit 10 minutes, or until finished chopping the vegetables.
- Line a sheet pan with a non-stick mat and add all the vegetables. Toss vegetables with 2 teaspoons sesame oil, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon ginger and salt and pepper. Move the vegetables to one end of the pan just so there is enough room for the tofu and then dump the tofu onto the pan, along with any extra marinade.
- Bake tofu and vegetables until vegetables are tender and tofu is browned, 35-40 minutes, flipping once.
- Make the peanut sauce while tofu and vegetables are baking. Add all ingredients to a medium sized bowl and whisk until combined.
- Assemble the bowls: add about 3/4 cup of your favorite grain to the bottom of the bowl and then top with 1/4 the vegetable mixture and 1/4 the tofu. Drizzle desired amount of ginger peanut sauce on top and garnish with your favorite garnishes.