A creamy and flavorful seasonal chili recipe!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, or 1/2 larger onion, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can petite tomatoes, with the liquid mostly drained off
- 1 (15 ounce) can pure pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- Heat a large pot over medium heat and add olive oil, onion and bell peppers. Cook vegetables until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Next, add all the remaining ingredients and mix until combined. Bring chili to a simmer and simmer for at least 20 minutes. You can leave it on the stove for longer if you like.
- Garnish with your favorite chili ingredients and enjoy!