These Spaghetti Squash Enchilada Boats are so hearty and filling! They’re easy to make and perfect for a delicious vegetarian dinner!
- 1 small sized spaghetti squash
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup corn kernels, I used frozen
- 1/2 cup diced green Chile, I used canned
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 heaping teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 cups enchilada sauce
- 2 oz grated cheddar cheese
- Optional toppings: greek yogurt, avocado, cilantro, onion, tomato, hot sauce
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Using a sharp knife, carefully cut spaghetti squash in half, vertically, and then use a spoon to scoop out the insides. Rub each half with 1/4 teaspoon olive oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper. Place squash, cut side up, on a large baking sheet and roast until fork tender, 40-50 mins. You can also do cut side down but I prefer cut side up.
- Once spaghetti squash is done roasting, let cool for a few minutes and then use a fork to scrape out all the spaghetti “noodles”. Dice them up in bite size pieces.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add 1/2 teaspoon olive oil, onion and green pepper. Cook until tender, 5 minutes. Next, add in the beans, corn, spaghetti squash, spices and salt and pepper. Stir together and then add the enchilada sauce. Mix once more and then scoop mixture equally back into spaghetti squash skins. There’s a chance you might have a little left over, depending on how big your spaghetti squash is.
- Sprinkle the top with 1 oz cheese and bake until filling is bubble and cheese is melted. Remove from the oven and let cool a few minutes before enjoying.
1 spaghetti squash boat = 7 Freestyle Weight Watchers Points (points may vary depending on what brand of ingredients you use)
If you’re using a medium to large spaghetti squash, recipe will make more than 2 servings. Mine was small and 1/2 was just enough for one person.