- 6 cups diced bread, I used gluten free hamburger buns
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups sliced cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups chopped baby spinach leaves
- 1 whole yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced purple onion
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup, or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add the olive oil, diced bread and a pinch of salt. Cook the bread until toasted on the outside, about 10 minutes.
- Add the bread to a large bowl along with the remaining ingredients and mix until combined.
- Add all vinaigrette ingredients to a jar and whisk until combined. Slowly pour the dressing over the salad until you have the desired amount. You may not want to use all of it depending on how much dressing you like. Mix salad until all ingredients are coated with dressing. Salad can be served immediately or chilled in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.