A delicious dinner that also doubles as a make ahead lunch!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1 medium sized sweet potato, peeled and spiralized
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 small can enchilada sauce, about 2 cups
- 2 cups cooked rice or quinoa (optional)
- Optional toppings: Diced avocado, tomato, cilantro, salsa
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add the olive oil and onion. Sauté onion for 2 minutes and then add the peppers and sweet potato. Cook vegetables until tender, 7-10 minutes.
- Next, add the black beans, corn and all the spices. Stir and let cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour enchilada sauce in, mix until combined and then cook until everything is heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Serve over rice, if desired, and top with your favorite toppings.
If making as a meal prep lunch: portion the enchilada mixture into 4 equal portions and pair with 1/2 cup rice or quinoa.