This Sticky Lemon Cauliflower is tangy, crispy and delicious!
- 1 medium sized head cauliflower
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup plain, unsweetened almond milk, or other plant based milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- Optional garnishes: sesame seeds, sliced green onion, cilantro, lemon wedges
- Lemon Sauce Recipe:
- 1/3 cup lemon juice juice, I like to use fresh squeezed
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup low sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 1/3 cup toasted sesame oil
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 teaspoons arrowroot powder or cornstarch
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees F. Cut the cauliflower into small to medium sized florets. The smaller they are, the crispier they will get.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and almond milk. Add all the cauliflower to the bowl and mix until each floret is coated in batter.
- Next, pour one cup of the panko over the cauliflower, mix and then pour the remaining up in. Mix until cauliflower is all coated with batter and panko.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a non-stick mat and lay cauliflower out. You want to make sure that it’s touching as little as possible and not piled on top of eachother. Bake cauliflower until crispy and starting to brown, 20 minutes, and then remove from oven.
- While cauliflower is baking, add all lemon sauce ingredients to a medium sized bowl and whisk. Pour into a saucepan and cook until thickened, 7-10 minutes.
- Pour about 3/4 of the sauce over the baked cauliflower and mix until combined. Place back into the oven for about 10 minutes, until crispy.
- Serve over rice, if desired, and spoon remaining lemon sauce over caulliflower just before serving. Garnish with sesame seeds, green onion and lemon wedges.