These Strawberry Coconut Chocolate Cups are fruity and chocolaty and so delicious!
- 1 (8 oz) package unsweetened shredded coconut or coconut chips
- 2 1/2 cups dehydrated strawberry slices, plus a few more for topping
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 10 ounces semi sweet vegan chocolate chips or chunks
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Sea salt
- Add the coconut to a food processor or blender and blend until a creamy coconut butter has formed. This will take about 5-7 minutes and you will probably want to stop the food processor a few times and scrape the sides down. It may still be a little bit grainy but you want it to have a smooth consistency overall.
- Add the dried strawberries to a blender and blend until a powder is formed, this won’t take long at all.
- Add the strawberry powder to the coconut butter in the food processor, along with the maple syrup and almond milk. Blend until everything is equally combined. Place in the refrigerator for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the coconut oil to the chocoalte and melt everything together. You can melt it over a double boiler or in the microwave. I like to microwave for 30 seconds at a time and stir inbetween. Stop microwaving once chocolate is almost completely melted and then stir until it’s fully melted.
- Line a muffin tin with paper or silicone liners and add about 1 teaspoon of melted chocoalte into each one. Make sure it’s covering the entire bottom. Take a small handfull of the strawberry mixture and form into a little disk and place on top of the chocoalte. Cover with 1-2 teaspoons more melted chocolate and make sure the chocolate is completely covering the top and sides.
- Top each with either a pinch of sea salt or a some crushed up dehydrated strawberries. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes, or until set. Best enjoyed when they sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes.
- Category: Dessert, Vegan
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Strawberry Coconut Chocolate Cups