These Strawberry Rhubarb & Lime Popsicles are refreshing and delicious! Perfect for summer!
- 2 1/2 cups diced rhubarb, about 3 stalks
- 2 1/2 cups diced strawberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey or agave syrup if making vegan*
- 1 – 2 teaspoons lime zest**
- 1 tablespoon water
- Place a medium sized sauce pan on the stove over medium heat.
- Add the diced rhubarb, strawberries, sugar, honey, and water. Stir until ingredients are combined and sugar has dissolved.
- Cook the mixture for a total of about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until fruit is completely broken down (it is OK if there is still a chunk or two left). Remove from the heat and let cool for about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Once the mixture is cooled, add the lime zest and stir until it is incorporated.
- Pour mixture into popsicle molds and place a popsicle stick about an inch deep in the mold. Or use your own popsicle sticks if you have some that came with the mold.
- Place popsicle mold into the freezer and freeze for 6 – 8 hours, or overnight.
- When ready to eat, it may be necessary to run popsicle molds under hot water for a few seconds to loosen the popsicles.
- This recipe makes about 6 popsicles, depending on the size of your molds.
I don’t like things too sweet, so you are more than welcome to add extra sugar if you would like.
*If making vegan, you can substitute the honey for agave syrup or just add a little more sugar.
**Use between 1 and 2 teaspoons of lime zest, depending on how lime-y you want them to taste.
- Prep Time: 3 hours
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Dessert, Gluten Free, Vegan Option
- Method: Stovetop, Freezer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Strawberry Rhubarb & Lime Popsicles