This Sunshine Kale Salad is loaded with veggies and topped with a sweet and tangy citrus dressing!
- 1 large bunch kale (about 6 cups when chopped)
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped purple cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 medium sized apple, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup toasted and salted sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice (I prefer from an orange rather than a bottle)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Add all dressing ingredients to a small bowl and whisk until combined.
- Wash your kale and then remove the stems from the leaves. Chop kale into bite size pieces and add to a large bowl. Next, add the rest of the vegetables and mix until combined.
- Pour on desired amount of dressing and add sunflower seeds and mix again. Serve immediately. See above text for how to assemble if making salad ahead of time.
Nutritional information is for if you use the entire amount of dressing. Fat grams will be much less if you just use a small amount.