A healthy and delicious vegan meal prep lunch recipe!
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, or oil of choice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cups dried quinoa, or your favorite grain
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed (1 1/2 cups)
- 2–4 cups favorite salad greens*
- Sliced avocado for serving, if desired
Cilantro Lime Pesto:
- 2 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, or your favorite nut
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F. On a large sheet pan, toss together the sweet potato, olive oil and spices. Bake sweet potato until fork tender, about 35 minutes.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Add all pesto ingredients to a food processor, or blender, and blend until combined.
- Assemble bowls: I like to use glass meal prep containers, but you could also use plastic. In each container add 1/4 of the quinoa, 1/4 of the sweet potatoes, 1/3 cup of black beans, 1 large spoonful of pesto (you may have some leftover) and a handful of greens (1/2-1 cup)*.
- For serving: I like to add some avocado and drizzle some liquid aminos over.
*If using a non-hearty salad green, like mixed greens, you will want to add that on the morning of, rather than when prepping all the bowls. If the greens aren’t super hearty they may get wilted over the course of 4 days.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Category: Lunch, Meal Prep, Vegan, Gluten Free
- Method: Oven, Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Sweet Potato and Black Bean Meal Prep Bowls