These Teriyaki Tofu Bowls are so flavorful and delicious! Perfect for a meal prep lunch or weeknight dinner!
- 1 (14 oz) container extra firm tofu, patted dry and pressed for at least 15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil, or your favorite oil
- 1 teaspoon tamari, or soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 5–7 cups favorite vegetables, I used broccoli, carrots and red pepper
- 2–3 cups cooked rice, cauliflower rice or your favorite grain
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup tamari, I like to use low sodium
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch, or arrowroot starch
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the sesame oil, tamari, garlic powder, maple syrup and vinegar.
- Cut the pressed tofu into bite sized pieces and place in the oil mixture. Use a spoon or spatula to stir the tofu and make sure it’s completely coated. Next, sprinkle over 1 teaspoon of the arrowroot powder and mix well until all the tofu is coated. Then, sprinkle on the remaining teaspoon of arrowroot powder and give a gentle mix just until you can’t see the dry white powder anymore.
- Line a large baking sheet with a non-stick mat or parchment paper. Pour the tofu and and arrange it so that none of the pieces are touching each other. Bake tofu for about 25-30 minutes, until golden and crispy, stirring 2-3 times during the baking.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add 1-2 teaspoons olive oil, vegetables and then season with salt and pepper. Cook vegetables until fork tender, about 10 minutes. Sometimes it helps to put the lid on so they can steam.
- Make the teriyaki sauce. Add all ingredients to a jar or medium sized bowl and shake or stir until well combined. Pour into a medium sized saucepan and heat over medium heat, stirring frequently, until sauce has thickened and can coat the back of a spoon, 5-7 minutes.
- Assemble bowls by dividing all ingredients into four equal portions and then spoon teriyaki sauce over and enjoy.