- 6 – 8 small sweet potatoes
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 2 cups cooked black beans, or 1–15 ounce can
- 3/4 cup diced pablano peppers, about 1 large pepper
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup chunky salsa
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- olive oil
- guacamole for topping, recipe above
- tortilla chips or tortilla strips, for topping
- cilantro leaves, for topping
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F. Pierce sweet potatoes a few times with a fork. Place a sheet of tin foil onto a large sheet pan. Put sweet potatoes on sheet pan and place into the oven and roast for about 45 minutes, depending on size of sweet potatoes, until you can easily pierce them with a fork.
- While sweet potatoes are roasting, cook the quinoa according to package directions.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and coat with a small layer of olive oil. Add the diced peppers, onions, and garlic to the pan and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Let cook for a few minutes, until onions are translucent and peppers are softened. Add in the black beans, quinoa, salsa, and all of the spices. Stir until everything is mixed together and heated through.
- Cut a slit in the sweet potatoes and squeeze the sides so they open up. Spoon 1/4 – 1/2 of the quinoa mixture into each sweet potato (depending on how big your potatoes are). Then top with a spoonful of quacamole, cilantro leaves, and tortilla strips.