These Thick and Chewy Maple Cookies are so easy to make and really delicious!
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup softened butter, vegan or regular
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar, or brown sugar
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 large egg, or two servings of vegan egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon maple extract
- Cane sugar or granulated sugar for rolling cookie dough in
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a non-stick mat.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the softened butter and coconut sugar. Use a hand mixer to cream together until light and fluffy, 3-4 minutes. Next, add in the maple syrup, egg, vanilla extract and maple extract. Mix well with your mixer.
- Slowly add the flour mixture into the wet mixture while keeping the mixer on. Mix until cookie dough starts to come together. Turn the mixture off and use your hands to form the dough into a ball.
- Add a few tablespoons of cane sugar, or granulated sugar to a medium sized plate. Use a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop to form the dough into balls. Roll balls in between your hands to shape and then roll in the sugar until completely coated. Place cookie dough balls onto your baking sheet, I fit about 9 cookies. These cookies don’t spread very much.
- Place cookies in the pre-heated oven and bake until the tops are barely firm to the touch and the bottoms are lightly browned, about 8-10 minutes but may vary depending on oven. They don’t spread much so they will still be pretty thick when they’re done. They will firm up and harden more once you take them out of the oven so it’s important not to overtake them! Place cookies on a cooling rack, or let them cool on the sheet pan and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Cookies, Vegetarian
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Chewy Maple Cookies