This is the BEST Tofu Scramble recipe! It’s loaded with seasonings, including black salt which makes it taste so similar to real scrambled eggs!
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tamari, or soy sauce
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric, or less if you don’t like the taste (it’s mainly just for color)
- Heaping 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon black salt
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Press the tofu with a clean dishtowel and try to remove as much liquid as you can. Use your hands to crumble the tofu into bite size pieces.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add the olive oil, crumbled tofu and the tamari. Mix well and then add the curry powder, turmeric, garlic powder and salt and pepper. Mix again and lastly add the black salt.
- Let tofu scramble cook for about 3-5 minutes to make sure it’s completely heated through and tofu is starting to brown. Enjoy!
Tofu scramble can be eaten alone or enjoyed in a breakfast taco, burrito or with toast!