These Vegetarian Enchiladas are packed with tons of vegetables and flavor! Such a great comfort food recipe!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 cup corn kernels, frozen or fresh
- 1 cup refried beans
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheese, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- Salt and pepper
- 8–10 small tortillas
- 1 (14 oz) can enchilada sauce (or 1 1/2 cups)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Heat a large pan over medium heat and add olive oil and diced veggies. Season with salt and pepper. Cook veggies until tender and beginning to brown, about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add the cooked veggies, refried beans, 1 cup of cheese, spices and 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Mix until combined.
- Pour about 1/2 cup enchilada sauce on the bottom of a large baking dish and spread out until it’s completely covered.
- Lay a tortilla flat and spoon about 1/3 cup of mixture onto it. Form the mixture into a log in the center of the tortilla and roll up tightly. Place the tortilla, seam side down, in the pan and repeat until the pan is full of enchiladas. Cover with the remaining enchilada sauce and sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese.
- Place in the oven and bake until heated through and cheese is melted, 25-30 minutes. Let cool for a few mintues before serving. Top with desired toppings.