- 1/2 cup dried rice, white or brown
- 1 medium sweet potato, small diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup corn kernals
- 1/2 cup salsa or pico de gallo
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Toss the chopped sweet potato with 2 teaspoons olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Bake sweet potato until fork tender, 35-40 minutes.
- Cook rice according to package directions. Once rice is finished cooking, stir in the chopped cilantro and lime juice.
- Assemble burrito bowls: 1/2 cup rice, 1/3 cup black beans, 1/3 cup sweet potato, 2 tablespoons corn, 2 tablespoons salsa, spoonful of guacamole and a small handful of lettuce. Recipe makes 4 Mason Jar Burrito Bowls.
If making these burrito bowls ahead of time you can leave out the lettuce and guacamole until ready to serve. If you want to heat the burrito bowls warm, you can just stick the mason jar in the microwave for about 1 minute and then add in the lettuce and guacamole once warmed.