This Vegetarian Pasta Salad is full of veggies and tons of flavor! It’s easy to make and great for a picnic or BBQ side dish.
- 1 pound pasta, rotini is recommended but you can use any kind you like
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1 1/2 cups diced tomato, I used cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 large handful chopped fresh parsley, or other herb of choice
- 8 oz feta cheese, I used a block that I diced into small pieces but you can also use crumbles
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1–2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Start by cooking your pasta, bring a large pot of water to a boil and add your pasta and a little bit of salt. I don’t always salt my pasta water, but I find is important when making pasta salad because it really does add lots of flavor. Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside until read to use. I like to mix the pasta with a small amount of olive oil so that it doesn’t stick together, but it’s up to you.
- Once the pasta has cooled a little bit, add it to a large bowl. Next, dice up all your vegetables and fresh herbs and add those on top of the pasta, along with the feta cheese.
- Make your dressing: add all the dressing ingredients to a medium sized bowl and whisk together until combined. Pour dressing over the pasta and veggies and mix everything together well. Taste and season with extra salt and pepper if needed.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Side, Vegetarian
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Vegetarian Pasta Salad