These 1-Ingredient Sweet Potato Tots are healthy, delicious and perfect for a dinner side dish or afternoon snack!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- Cooking spray, optional
Curry Cilantro Dip (optional)
- 1 cup non fat Greek yogurt or veganaise/mayonnaise
- 1 and 1/4 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 – 3 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 pinch of salt
- Wash sweet potatoes and place them (skin on) in a large pot. Cover with cold water and bring to a boil. Boil sweet potatoes until the outer part is fork tender, but there is still some give in the middle, about 20 minutes. It’s ok if the ends are a little mushy, but you want to be able to actually grate the sweet potato. Remove from water and let cool until you feel comfortable handling them.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F and line a large pan with a non-stick mat or parchment paper.
- Remove the skins from the sweet potatoes and grate them on the large side of a box grater. It’s ok the the ends are a little mushy! Add everything to a large bowl and mix together really well so that the grated sweet potato mixes with the mushier sweet potato.
- Use a small spoon or tablespoon to scoop the sweet potato and then use your hands to form it into a tater tot cylinder. Place tots on the pan, spray the tops with cooking spray, if desired, and place in the oven.
- Bake sweet potato tots until outsides are golden brown, flipping once, about 40-45 minutes. You may have to be careful when flipping them because they tend to stick a little at first but if carefully flipped they should stick together just fine! You may want to turn the oven up to 400 for the last 10-15 minutes for a crispier tot.
- Add all Curry Cilantro Dip ingredients to a medium sized bowl and mix until combined.
Recipe makes 30-40 sweet potato tots, depending on how big you make them.
Sweet Potato Tots can be frozen! I would recommend flash freezing them, before baking, on a large sheet pan and then placing them in an airtight container in the freezer. Tater tots can be frozen for up to 3 months. When ready to eat, bake at 375 for 45-50 mins.