A healthy and fresh summer dinner!
- 2 large zucchinis
- 1 dry pint cherry tomatoes
- Almond Ricotta, or regular ricotta
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and black pepper
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add 1 teaspoon olive oil and cherry tomatoes. Cook cherry tomatoes until softened and starting to burst open, 10-12 mins. When they are about 1 minute from being finished stir in the minced garlic.
- While cherry tomatoes are cooking, spiralize the zucchini and throw it into a hot pan with 1 teaspoon olive oil, Italian seasoning and a pinch of salt and black pepper. Cook zucchini until tender, 5-7 minutes.
- Divide zucchini and cherry tomatoes evenly into two bowls and top with a big scoop of almond ricotta. Optional garnish include: fresh basil, drizzle of olive oil, red pepper flakes, salt, to taste.
Recipe can easily be doubled or tripled if serving more people. I highly recommend a drizzle of olive oil over top!
Almond ricotta recipe: -2 cups slivered almonds (soaked overnight)-1 cup water-1/2 teaspoon salt. Add almonds, water and salt to a food processor and blend until creamy, 2-3 minutes.