- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 4 large flour tortillas, diced into bite sized pieces I used gluten free
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 small summer squash, diced
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cups tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheese, I used non-dairy
- Chopped fresh basil for garnish, if desired.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add 2 teaspoons olive oil and the diced tortillas. Cook tortillas until browned, 5 minutes. Remove tortillas from the skillet.
- Add 1 teaspoon olive oil and all the diced vegetables and cook until vegetables have softened, 5-7 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add back in the tortillas, tomato sauce and spices and let simmer. Next, add in 3/4 cups cheese and stir until melted, 2-3 minutes. Top with the remaining 1/4 cup cheese and cover until melted. Garnish with fresh basil, if desired.