A quick and easy Asian inspired dinner packed with veggies!
- 1 (8 oz) package rice noodles
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 medium red pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, grated (1–2 cups)
- 1 medium handful snow peas
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced purple cabbage
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Cilantro and toasted sesame seeds for garnish, if desired
Stir Fry Sauce:
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup tamari, I like to use low sodium
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons corn starch
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Add rice noodles and boil until cooked through, 6-8 minutes.
- While water is coming to a boil, heat a large skillet over medium heat and add sesame oil and veggies. Cook veggies until starting to soften, about 5 minutes.
- While veggies are cooking, make the sauce by adding all ingredients to a small bowl and whisking until combined.
- Drain the rice noodles and add them to the pan along with the sauce and chickpeas. Stir to make sure everything is mixed together and then cook over medium heat until sauce has thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves and toasted sesame seeds just before serving, if desired.
*You can use as many vegetables as you want in this dish. I usually just throw a bunch in without measuring too accurately. Also, feel free to use different veggies if you have some that you prefer.
*Instead of chickpeas you could also use tofu or tempeh.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the pan
- Calories: 365
- Sugar: 17 g
- Sodium: 991 mg
- Fat: 21 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 41g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 6g
- Cholesterol: 0mg