This 5 Ingredient Baked Ziti with Spinach and Chickpeas is perfect for an easy vegetarian weeknight dinner! It’s loaded with lots of spinach and chickpeas to balance out the cheese!
- 16 ounces ziti pasta
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, or 1 1/2 cups
- 4 cups spaghetti sauce
- 2–4 cups baby spinach leaves, depending on how much you like
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese, I like to use Monterey Jack or mozzarella. Vegan cheese if desired
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Add ziti noodles and cook according to package directions.
- Drain noodles and add back into the pot. Stir in spaghetti sauce, chickpea and spinach.
- Add half the noodle mixture into a large baking dish and cover with half of the cheese mixture. Add the rest of the noodles on top and cover with the remaining cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake until pasta is heated through and cheese is melted, 20-25 minutes.