This Asian Broccoli Salad is flavorful, filling and so easy to make!
- 4–5 cups finely chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups small diced cucumber
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup small diced sugar snap peas
- 1 small red bell pepper, small diced
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup fresh herbs, I used mint, cilantro and green onion
- 1/2 cup wontons, sliced almonds or both
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 teaspoons maple syrup
- 3 teaspoons tamari, gluten free kind if necessary
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Pinch of salt
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- Add all dressing ingredients to a small bowl or jar and mix until combined, set aside.
- Add all of the broccoli salad ingredients to a large bowl and mix. Drizzle over desired amount of dressing and mix again until all ingredients are coated with dressing.
- Salad can be served immediately or refrigerated for up to 3-4 days.
If making the salad ahead of time, I would recommend not adding the dressing, wontons or almonds until ready to serve.