This Asian Broccoli Salad is crunchy, flavorful and healthy! It’s great for a light lunch or a dish to bring to a summer potluck!
I meant to get this Asian Broccoli Salad post up a couple of weeks ago but I didn’t realize how time consuming moving as going to be! We’re now mostly settled though and I actually have some time to work, yah! I hope you all had a wonderful long weekend and I’m so glad to be back sharing recipes with you 🙂
This Asian Broccoli Salad was inspired by my Crunchy Broccoli Salad Recipe that I love! It also gets such great reviews from everyone who makes it, so I’m hoping you all will love this version too.
What You’ll Need To Make This Asian Broccoli Salad Recipe
- Broccoli – I know raw broccoli isn’t for everyone, but I love it and it makes for a great healthy salad. If you don’t love raw broccoli you could blanche it for a minute or two in hot water so it is partially cooked and easier to digest.
- Other Vegetables – I like to add some other raw vegetables for flavor and color. Here is what I added: cucumber, red onion, red pepper, carrot, sugar snap peas. I also add a good amount of fresh herbs. I like mint, cilantro and green onion.
- Chickpeas – Chickpeas are my go-to legume when making an Asian style meal. They don’t add tons of flavor, but they’re a nice bite and a protein source.
- Wontons or sliced almonds – These help to add another texture and flavor to the salad. I used both but you could use one or the other. My one year old loved eating the wontons out of it!
- Dressing – You could use a store-bought Asian style dressing or you can make your own. I made my own using a mix of oil, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, garlic and ginger. Recipe is below!
What’s To Love About Broccoli Salad?
There’s so much to love about this broccoli salad recipe!
- It’s packed with tons of vegetables – If vegetables are your thing, then this Asian Broccoli Salad will also be your thing! It’s also really adaptable so you can use whatever fresh veggies you have on hand and it will still be great.
- It’s packed with protein – Both the broccoli and chickpeas add protein to this salad so you can eat it as a whole meal and you will feel full and satisfied afterwards.
- It’s the perfect potluck dish – Not that any of us are going to potlucks this summer 🙁 but eventually we will be again and this salad is a great side dish to bring with you.
- It’s easy to make – There is no cooking required with this recipe! All you need to do is chop of some fresh veggies, add in your chickpeas and wontons and mix up your dressing. Simple, easy and delicious!
I’ve been craving so much salad this summer and this Asian Broccoli Salad sure hits the spot! Our new house doesn’t have air conditioning so I have vowed to use the stove as little as possible. I love just mixing together a big bowl of fresh vegetables and adding an easy homemade dressing and then you have lunch!
Enjoy more healthy broccoli recipes here: