This Creamy Broccoli Salad with Curry Tahini Dressing is so flavorful and perfect for a healthy potluck or party side dish! No mayo added!
If you all liked my Crunchy Broccoli Salad with Maple Mustard Dressing then you are going to LOVE this Creamy Broccoli Salad with Curry Tahini Dressing! When I originally made the crunchy broccoli salad I had planned on topping it with a tahini based dressing but at the last minute I decided to go with a lighter vinaigrette.
But, now I’m giving you the creamy tahini version and it’s SO good! After I made it, I just stood in the kitchen eating it right out of the serving bowl 🙂
This Creamy Broccoli Salad is really similar to my other one, but I think that’s a good thing because they’re both so delicious! This broccoli salad also has chickpeas and red onion, but I swapped the dried cranberries with red grape and the sunflower seeds with toasted almonds. Cashews would be great too.
What Kind Of Tahini Should I Use?
I get this question a lot when I post a recipe that has tahini in it. There are quite a few different kinds of tahini out there and some can be really bitter. You want to make sure to taste your tahini before making the dressing with it because if you don’t like the kind of tahini you got, you won’t like the dressing.
From what I’ve seen you can get salted, unsalted, roasted sesame, raw sesame, and even garlic flavored. I usually buy the Sprouts organic tahini that unsalted and made with dry roasted sesame seeds.
This Creamy Broccoli Salad Recipe Is Perfect For Parties and Potlucks!
This Creamy Broccoli Salad with Curry Tahini Dressing is not made with mayo or any kind of dairy so it’s the perfect side dish to bring to a potluck or party! You don’t want to leave it out in the sun all day long but it can be left out for a few hours without having to worry that it will spoil.
It’s also a great healthy side dish to bring that has so much flavor people won’t realize it’s really good for you! At least, that is what I like to think haha
Recipe Tips For Creamy Broccoli Salad with Curry Tahini Dressing:
- If you don’t like raw broccoli you can either steam or blanche the broccoli before you chop it up.
- Any nut can be substituted for the almonds. I like to toast my nuts before adding them in because it gives them so much great flavor.
- Dried cherries or cranberries can be subbed for the grapes, but I love using fresh grapes in the summer time.
- Creamy Broccoli Salad can be made ahead of time and refrigerated for 3-4 days.
If you enjoy this Broccoli Salad, you will also love this Crunchy Broccoli Salad with Maple Mustard Dressing!
- 4 cups chopped broccoli, I like to chop mine really small
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups red grapes, cut in half
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced or slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- Salt, to taste
Curry Tahini Dressing:
- 1/3 cup tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons water, or more depending on the consistency you desire
- 1 teaspoon tamari, or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Add all the salad ingredients to a large bowl. Add all dressing ingredients to a jar or small bowl and whisk until combined.
- Pour dressing over salad and mix until the salad is completely coated with dressing. Salt, to taste.
- Enjoy immediately or store in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 326 Total Fat 17g Saturated Fat 2g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 14g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 637mg Carbohydrates 37g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 10g Sugar 12g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 13g