This Asian Chickpea Chopped Salad is filled with lots of healthy vegetables, chickpeas and topped off with a creamy cashew butter based dressing!
- 6 cups chopped salad greens, I used a mix of romaine lettuce and power greens
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 cup chopped sugar snap peas
- 1 cup chopped purple cabbage
- 1/3 cup thinly diced green onion
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon cashew butter, or peanut butter
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 teaspoons tamari, or soy sauce (I like to use low sodium)
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 small clove garlic, minced or grated
- Add the chopped greens to a large bowl and top with chickpeas and all the chopped vegetables.
- Add all dressing ingredients to a jar, or small bowl, and mix until combined.
- You can either dress the entire salad at once or dress each individual serving with desired amount of dressing. This recipe makes about 4 large servings.
- Category: Salad, Vegan, Gluten Free