This Asian Chickpea Chopped Salad is filled with delicious vegetables and topped off with a creamy cashew butter and ginger dressing! It’s a delicious, nutrition and refreshing salad!
I got a comment on my Greenest Chopped Salad recipe that there was just way too many ingredients in it. But the thing is, I love packing my salads with tons of ingredients! I say the more vegetables I can eat in a single serving, the better 🙂
So, if you prefer a simple salad, than this salad probably isn’t for you, but hopefully you’re like me and you like lots of veggies!
This Asian Chickpea Chopped Salad is loaded with tons of veggies and topped off with a creamy cashew butter based dressing. Not only do I love veggie filled salads, I also love chopped salads. When everything in your salad is chopped into small pieces that are the same size, then you get a little of everything in each bite and it’s much better that way.
A while ago, I bought a special salad chopper bowl off of Amazon, but to be honest, I still prefer to do all the chopping myself. I guess I’m just old fashioned like that 🙂
Lately I’ve been making a huge bowl of chopped salad at the beginning of the week and eating it for lunch all week long. It keeps lunches easy and healthy!
I can get pretty lazy when it comes to salad dressing and usually just use a squeeze of lemon and a drizzle of olive oil and liquid aminos, but I wanted to do something a little more special for this Asian Chickpea Chopped Salad. This ginger cashew butter dressing is still really easy but it’s so flavorful and might just be my favorite thing about this salad 🙂Print
This Asian Chickpea Chopped Salad is filled with lots of healthy vegetables, chickpeas and topped off with a creamy cashew butter based dressing!
- 6 cups chopped salad greens, I used a mix of romaine lettuce and power greens
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 cup chopped sugar snap peas
- 1 cup chopped purple cabbage
- 1/3 cup thinly diced green onion
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon cashew butter, or peanut butter
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 teaspoons tamari, or soy sauce (I like to use low sodium)
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 small clove garlic, minced or grated
- Add the chopped greens to a large bowl and top with chickpeas and all the chopped vegetables.
- Add all dressing ingredients to a jar, or small bowl, and mix until combined.
- You can either dress the entire salad at once or dress each individual serving with desired amount of dressing. This recipe makes about 4 large servings.