This Greek Chopped Salad with Crispy Pita is so fresh, delicious and perfect for summer! It’s great for a side salad or a healthy lunch!
I know I just posted the recipe for these Greek Chickpea Salad Pitas last week, and this recipe is kinda similar, but summer weather has me craving all the fresh veggies! I love Greek, or Mediterranean, food because I feel like it’s great at incorporating lots of fresh vegetables and flavor into your diet. This Greek Chopped Salad with Crispy Pita is one of my favorite quick and easy summer meals to make!
This Greek Chopped Salad is very similar to a panzanella salad, but instead of crispy bread chunks I use pita bread and it’s perfect!
What Makes This Greek Chopped Salad Recipe So Good?
The crispy pita bread! I make this crispy pita bread recipe a lot and sometimes I just eat it by itself. My husband and two year old both love it too! I just use this recipe for Pan Fried Pita Bread, but I cut the pita bread into bite sized pieces and they get so crispy and flavorful!
Can You Make This Greek Chopped Salad Ahead Of Time?
This Chopped Greek Salad would be the perfect potluck or party side dish and it can easily be made ahead of time! I do have a few tips for making it ahead of time though:
- You can cut up the vegetables up to 2 days in advance and they can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- The dressing can be made up to 5 days in advance and stored in a container in the refrigerator.
- I would hold off on adding in the (vegan) feta cheese until just before serving.
- I would also hold off on adding the crispy pita bread just before serving or else it will get soggy.
What If I Don’t Like Some Of The Vegetables Listed?
I chose these vegetables because I feel like they’re classic vegetables you would find in a Greek salad. If you don’t like any of them or don’t have them around you can certainly omit some of them and add in other vegetables that you do like. Be your own chef! You could also throw in some baby spinach, or other mixed greens to make it more of a green salad.
You could also sub the crispy pita for some pasta to make it a fun summer pasta salad! I hope you all enjoy this Chopped Greek Salad with Crispy Pita as much as I do!
Check out exactly how I made this Greek Chopped Salad here:
This Chopped Greek Salad with Crispy Pita is packed with fresh vegetables and perfect for your next summer potluck or BBQ!
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup sliced kalamata olives
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup crumbled vegan feta cheese, or regular feta
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups diced pita bread
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2–3 teaspoons liquid amnios, or tamari or soy sauce
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Make the dressing by adding all ingredients to a jar and whisking until combined. Add chickpeas, chopped vegetables, parsley and feta into a large bowl and pour dressing over. Mix until all ingredients are coated with the dressing.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add in olive oil, pita and liquid aminos. Cook until pita is crispy and golden, stirring occasionally, 5-7 minutes. Add pita to the salad just before you’re ready to serve and mix until combined.