This Chopped Greek Salad with Crispy Pita is packed with fresh vegetables and perfect for your next summer potluck or BBQ!
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup sliced kalamata olives
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup crumbled vegan feta cheese, or regular feta
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups diced pita bread
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2–3 teaspoons liquid amnios, or tamari or soy sauce
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Make the dressing by adding all ingredients to a jar and whisking until combined. Add chickpeas, chopped vegetables, parsley and feta into a large bowl and pour dressing over. Mix until all ingredients are coated with the dressing.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add in olive oil, pita and liquid aminos. Cook until pita is crispy and golden, stirring occasionally, 5-7 minutes. Add pita to the salad just before you’re ready to serve and mix until combined.