- 3 medium sized, long and skinny sweet potatoes
- 3–4 teaspoons olive oil
- BBQ Seasoning:
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar or coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 325 degrees F. In a small bowl, add all of the BBQ seasoning ingredients and mix until combined.
- Using a mandolin or large, sharp knife, slice the sweet potatoes into thin slices, about 1/8 inch thick. Place the sweet potato slices into a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil (about 3-4 teaspoons, more if needed) and sprinkle with BBQ seasoning. Toss until all sweet potato slices are coated with olive oil and seasoning.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Place sweet potatoes on the tray making sure that they don’t overlap. You will need to bake sweet potato chips in batches. Bake 20-30 minutes, flipping chips once, until crispy. Let cool for 5-10 minutes and they will harden up a little bit more.