This BBQ Chickpea Pizza is super easy to make and full of flavor! It only takes 30 minutes!
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large pizza crust or 4 personal sized crusts
- 3/4 cup BBQ sauce, store-bought or homemade
- 1 cup vegan shredded cheese
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- Fresh cilantro for garnish, if desired
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Heat a large pan over medium heat and add olive oil and chickpeas. Cook until chickpeas are starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Add all the spices in, stir and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- You can either use one large pizza crust or person sized crusts. I like to use store-bought crust to make things really easy. Spread the crust with desired amount of BBQ sauce and top with cheese and then chickpeas and onion. Bake pizzas until heated through and cheese is melted, 10-15 minutes. Let cool a few minutes and garnish with fresh cilantro, if desired.