This BBQ Chickpea Pizza only requires a few ingredients and is ready in just 30 minutes! It’s unique, flavorful and perfect for your next vegan pizza night!
I hope 2021 is treating you well so far! I haven’t had as much time to work as usual these days but I’m hoping to get back to my regular posting schedule starting this week! Today I’m sharing the recipe for this delicious BBQ Chickpea Pizza. It was recently one the recipes in my Mind Body Soul Reset Challenge and everyone loved it!
This pizza is inspired from a BBQ Chicken pizza from one of my all time favorite pizza places in Springdale, UT called The Pizza Noodle. My husband and I went on our second date there and we were always huge fans of their BBQ Chicken Pizza. I decided to create this vegan version and it’s delicious!
INGREDIENTS FOR MY BBQ CHICKPEA PIZZA RECIPE
- Pizza Crust – You can use homemade pizza crust or store-bought. I like buying personal sized pre-made pizza crusts because it makes this recipe super easy and everyone can have their own little pizza.
- BBQ Sauce – Store-bought or homemade is fine. Again, I like for this recipe to be super easy so I just use a good storebought brand.
- Chickpeas – The chickpeas make this a veganized version of a classic BBQ Chicken pizza. I like to crisp and season mine up in a frying pan before adding to the pizza.
- Cheese – You can use either vegan cheese or regular cheese. If using vegan cheese you may need to broil your pizza for a few minutes in order to melt the cheese.
- Red onion & Cilantro – The red onion and cilantro are optional ingredients but I feel like they make such a difference! The red onion adds great flavor the cilantro adds freshness and both go great with the BBQ Flavor.
FREQUENTLY ASKED PIZZA QUESTIONS
- Do you have to season the chickpeas? No, you can put them on straight out of the can but I love them crisped up and seasoned.
- Can I use tomato sauce if I can’t find BBQ sauce? You can if that is your only option. This is a BBQ pizza though and that’s what makes it special.
- Is the red onion and cilantro necessary? You can definitely omit them but I think they add such great flavor to the pizza!
- How should they be re-heated? I would suggest either microwaving for 1-2 minutes or re-heating in a 425 degree oven for about 15 minutes.