These Taco Pizza Bagels are so easy to make and only take about 20 minutes to prepare! They’re kid friendly and easily made vegan and gluten free! Perfect for a fun Friday night dinner!
I’m not sure about you, but pizza is a big favorite in our house. If my husband had his way he would probably eat pizza ever single night 🙂 I love making pizza bagels because they’re super easy and you can make personal pizzas for each person. These Taco Pizza Bagels are one of my favorite ways to fix them!
It’s no secret that I love Mexican food and pizza happens to be a close second, so these Taco Pizza Bagels are the best of both worlds!
What Makes These Taco Pizza Bagels?
I’ve used taco sauce instead of tomato sauce, added black beans and then topped it off with all my favorite taco toppings. You can really use any kind of toppings you like, I just chose a few of my favorites that add nice color, taste and texture to the pizza bagels. Another great addition would be some crushed up tortilla chips!
Taco pizza is one of my favorite kinds of pizza! It’s not a traditional pizza recipe that you see on all menus but when I do see it I always have to try it! I have this delicious Smashed Chickpea Taco Pizza Recipe that I made a few years ago and we make it all the time!
Can You Make This Taco Pizza Bagel Recipe Gluten Free and/or Vegan?
Yes! I made my vegan just by using vegan cheese instead of regular cheese. You can either use vegan cheese or omit the cheese all together. If you’re not using any cheese an addition of some smashed avocado would be great!
To make these Taco Pizza Bagels gluten free just use your favorite gluten free bagels!
Recipe Tips For Taco Pizza Bagels:
- I like to toast my bagels for just a minute or so before adding all the toppings to keep the bagel from getting soggy from the sauce.
- I don’t like to load my pizza bagels up with too much sauce or else they get a little heavy and possibly soggy. I used 1 tablespoon of taco sauce on each bagel half but you could use more or less if you like.
- Go crazy with the toppings! The actual pizza bagel just has taco sauce, beans and cheese on it so I love adding a ton of different toppings to mine to make it more exciting!
Taco Pizza Bagels
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 4 plain bagels, cut in half
- 1/2 cup taco sauce, or salsa
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese, vegan cheese if necessary
- Optional toppings: black olives, lettuce, tomato, onion, cilantro, avocado, tortilla chips, jalapeños
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. I like to toast my bagels for just a minute or so before topping because I find it helps them not get soggy once the toppings are put on but this step is optional.
- Place bagels face up on a large sheetpan. On each half bagel spread with 1 tablespoon taco sauce and then top with 1 tablespoon black beans and one tablespoon shredded cheese. Place bagels in the oven and bake until toasted and cheese is melted, about 10-12 minutes.
- Top with your favorite taco toppings and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Taco Pizza
Leave a Reply