- 4 plain bagels, cut in half
- 1/2 cup taco sauce, or salsa
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese, vegan cheese if necessary
- Optional toppings: black olives, lettuce, tomato, onion, cilantro, avocado, tortilla chips, jalapeños
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. I like to toast my bagels for just a minute or so before topping because I find it helps them not get soggy once the toppings are put on but this step is optional.
- Place bagels face up on a large sheetpan. On each half bagel spread with 1 tablespoon taco sauce and then top with 1 tablespoon black beans and one tablespoon shredded cheese. Place bagels in the oven and bake until toasted and cheese is melted, about 10-12 minutes.
- Top with your favorite taco toppings and enjoy!