These 30 Minute Vegetarian French Bread Pizzas with Pesto, Broccoli and Tomato are perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner!
This January I’m mixing it up a little bit and sharing a combo of Meal Prep Lunch Recipes and 30 Minute Dinner Recipes. Today I’m so excited to share these 30 Minute Vegetarian French Bread Pizzas with you because they’re so easy and seriously so delicious!
We do a lot of bread based homemade pizzas around here because they’re so easy and you don’t have to prep the crust. French bread pizzas are my favorite so far because they get nice and crusty on the bottom and taste like a deep dish pizza.
For these 30 Minute Vegetarian French Bread Pizzas I wanted to do something special. I do love piling my pizzas high with toppings, but sometimes the less ingredients the better. That way each ingredient can really shine and doesn’t get overpowered by something else.
I love using pesto as a pizza sauce because it’s so fresh and really easy to make yourself. For these Vegetarian French Bread Pizzas I just used a simple kale pesto recipe but you could use any flavor of pesto you like. In the summertime it would be really great to use a fresh basil pesto with the tomatoes!
I know it isn’t exactly tomato season right now, but I love the flavor and freshness they give this pizza! I like to use Roma tomatoes because they’re smaller, but you can use any kind you like.
I then added some broccoli because I love the flavor combo of pesto, tomatoes and broccoli. You can steam your own broccoli but I went the really quick and easy route and just used some frozen broccoli florets that I let thaw before adding to the pizza.
Recipe Tips for 30 Minute Vegetarian French Bread Pizzas with Pesto:
- If you can’t find French bread you can use any big, crusty bread loaf or you could even make this pizza on a bagel or English muffin.
- I like to take a shortcut and use frozen broccoli that I’ve thawed rather than steaming my own.
- Ingredient amounts are really up to you. It will depend on how big your loaf of bread is and what you like. I just gave estimates of how much of each ingredient I used on my pizzas.
- You can use any flavor of pesto you like on this pizza. I used a kale pesto I made myself, but it would also be really tasty with a traditional basil pesto.
This 30 Minute Vegetarian French Bread Pizzas with Pesto, Broccoli and Tomato is perfect for a quick and easy vegetarian dinner recipe!
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1 cup pesto (vegan pesto recipe here)
- 1 cup grated cheese, vegan or regular
- 2 large tomatoes, I like to use Roma
- 1 cup cooked broccoli, chopped
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Carefully slice French bread in half, lengthwise, with a serrated knife. Place bread on a large baking sheet, cut side up.
- Spread each slice with about 1/2 cup pesto, use more or less depending on how large your loaf of bread is and how much pesto you like. Next, top with grated cheese, tomato slices and broccoli. If desired, top with a small amount of grated cheese.
- Bake French bread pizzas until crispy and cheese is melted, 10-15 minutes. Slice and serve.
My ingredient measurements are just personal preferences. Feel free to use however as much or as little as you like.