These Chopped Asian Salad Meal Prep Bowls are packed with veggies and protein, making them a healthy and filling make ahead lunch recipe!
It has been way too long since I’ve meal prepped. It’s funny because now that I have two kids and I’m working more than ever, you would think I’d be all about it lately. But, family time on the weekend is precious so I’ve been eating a lot of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches lately 🙂 But, thankfully these Asian Chopped Salads only take about 20 minutes to put together!
I started making these meal prep salads for my husband a few weeks ago and I would grill some chicken to add to his. He said he loved them and could eat them everyday. But, then his doctor told him he would be better off on a plant based diet (for cholesterol levels) so I started making them with chickpeas and now I’ve been enjoying them too.
What You’ll Need For These Asian Chopped Salads
- Basically, just a lot of veggies! My husband really likes those little Asian salad kits you can buy at the grocery store so I tried to copy those as much as I could. I added romaine lettuce, Savoy cabbage/napa cabbage, shredded carrot, purple cabbage, red pepper, cilantro and green onion. You don’t have to use all those ingredients if you don’t want to though. You can customize these Asian Chopped Salads to be exactly what you like.
- My husband loves croutons but I’m trying to have him eat a little less carbs these days so instead I added in some sliced almonds that I bought in bulk and then toasted up on the stove. Toasting them makes them even crunchier and adds such a great flavor.
- I topped mine with my favorite Asian peanut dressing that I make from scratch. You could also use a healthy store-bought dressing if you like.
These Asian Chopped Salads are really easy to make!
- All you do is chop up the veggies, add them to a large bowl and mix until they’re evenly distributed.
- Toast your almonds over medium heat for a few minutes.
- Add all your dressing ingredients to a jar and mix until creamy.
- Assemble and enjoy!
Meal Prep Salads
You could make this salad for a regular lunch, you could bring it to a party or potluck, or you could make it as a big dinner salad. I like to prepare mine as a meal prep lunch though because they keep so well for a few days in the refrigerator!
In order to make them for meal prep, you just need to divide all the ingredients into four equal portions. I like to use glass containers with snap lids for the salads and then I use re-usable plastic containers for the dressing and almonds. It’s much better if you add those on just before eating.Print