These Asian Chopped Salads with Chickpeas are perfect for a healthy and filling meal prep lunch!
- 2 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 2 cups chopped Napa cabbage or savoy cabbage
- 2 cups chopped Purple cabbage
- 1 cup Shredded carrots
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped Fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped Green onions, or scallions
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 4 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted if desired
Thai Peanut Sauce:
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup room temperature water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 small clove garlic, grated
- 2 teaspoons tamari, or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- Pinch salt
- Sriracha, to taste if you want it spicy
- Add all chopped vegetables into a large bowl and mix together.
- Add all peanut sauce ingredients to a jar and mix until creamy.
- Place a large pan over medium heat and add sliced almonds. Cook, stirring often, until starting to brown and smell good.
- If making for meal prep, separate the salad and chickpeas into four equal portions in food safe containers. Then place the dressing and almonds into small containers. Store in the refrigerator until ready to eat, 4-5 days.
*Nutrtion info is for 1/8 of the peanut dressing