This Homemade Peanut Sauce is so flavorful! It only takes about 10 minutes to make and goes great on salads and stirfrys!
I’ve been attempting to make my own peanut sauce foreverrrrrr. I love peanut sauce but I feel like all the store-bought peanut sauce is way too spicy for me. So, I’ve been trying to make my own for years and it’s never been just right. Until now! This really is the BEST Homemade Peanut Sauce! I could just eat it with a spoon 🙂
I finally realize the missing ingredient was fresh lime juice! It really does make all the different with the taste. And, also tons of fresh ginger 🙂
How To Make This Easy Thai Peanut Sauce
This recipe seriously couldn’t be much easier! All you need to do is add all the ingredients to a bowl and whisk until combined. Here are a few tips I have to make it the very best homemade peanut sauce:
- Peanut butter must be room temperature! I tried making it with peanut butter that had been refrigerated and it was a big mess that wouldn’t mix together.
- There is fresh grated ginger and garlic in this peanut sauce recipe so it’s not silky smooth but you could always put it in at the blender for a few seconds if that bothers you.
What You’ll Need For This Homemade Peanut Sauce Recipe:
- Peanut butter – I like to use a natural peanut butter that is made only from peanuts, no added sugar or salt. If you are using one that has sugar and salt added, you might want to leave out the maple syrup and salt from the recipe. You can just taste it and see if it needs them.
- Fresh garlic and ginger – Fresh garlic and ginger is so important for this recipe! You will lose so much of the taste if you use powdered spices here. I grate mine using a zester so you don’t get too big of chunks in the sauce.
- Fresh lime juice – You want to buy a lime and juice it yourself. The lime juice that you can buy at the store in the little bottle that looks like a lime just doesn’t taste the same.
- Sriracha – I didn’t actually add in any to my sauce because I really don’t like spicy sauces, but if you love spice you can add as much as you like!
How To Use This Homemade Peanut Sauce
The possibilities are endless! 🙂 Here are a few ways that I’ve used it:
- Salad dressing (It’s perfect on these Thai Peanut Noodle Bowls!)
- Stir fry sauce – I would recommend drizzling it onto of your stir fry just before eating.
- Dipping sauce – I love to dip baked tofu or veggies into this peanut sauce.
- Pasta sauce – I’ve used it in a pasta salad before and it was great!
- Pizza sauce – I used it on these Thai Veggie Pizzas and it worked perfectly!
I hope you all enjoy this Homemade Peanut Sauce as much as I do! I’d love to hear what you think if you give it a try 🙂Print
The BEST Homemade Peanut Sauce
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1 cup 1x
Recipe makes 5 cups of Avocado Ranch Dressing but can easily be halved or quartered if you want to make a smaller amount.
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup room temperature water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 small clove garlic, grated
- 2 teaspoons tamari, or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- Pinch salt
- Sriracha, to taste if you want it spicy
- Add all ingredients to a medium sized bowl and mix until combined and creamy.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Category: Condiment
- Method: No cook
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: Homemade Peanut Sauce
Nicole @ Foodie Loves Fitness says
I love, love, LOVE peanut sauce. I usually buy it prepared but would love to try your recipe!
She Likes Food says
Me too! I practically eat this one with a spoon haha!
Love this sauce! I usually use it in vegetable stir fry with Healthy Noodles. Sometimes I’ll use a meat like chicken or shrimp. Top with some peanuts. It’s AMAZING!! Thank you for this “exactly what I was looking for” recipe. It has been a staple here.
She Likes Food says
That is so nice to say!! I’m so glad you like it!