These Thai Vegetable Pita Pizzas only take 30 minutes and will add tons of flavor to your weeknight dinner!
I don’t know who came up with the rule that February could only have 28 days, but I’m just ok with it. As if the days don’t go by too quickly already, we have to now just lose 2 of them? But, I guess it isn’t all bad because that means that it’s 30 Minute Thursday! 30 Minute Thursday used to stress me out a little bit because despite how easy Rachel Ray makes it look, coming up with a meal that only takes 30 minutes to cook can be really hard!
Don’t forget to scroll to the bottom of the post for more delicious 30 minute dinner recipes from some awesome bloggers!
But, these days I’m trying to share much more 30 minute recipe with you guys so now I’m starting to see it as a fun challenge. And I’m really excited to share the recipe for these Easy Thai Vegetable Pita Pizzas with you because they’re really good, and who doesn’t want to eat pizza for dinner?!
My husband and I went out for pizza on one of our first dates. I let him order and when he suggested the Thai peanut pizza I secretly thought it sounded strange but was too shy to tell him that. So we got it and it turned out to be pretty amazing. We ended up eating at the pizza place so many times since then and we always got the Thai peanut pizza.
That pizza only had a few toppings and not many vegetables so I decided to re-create it for you all but add lots of delicious vegetables so it can be a pizza you feel good about eating. You could put all of these ingredients on regular pizza crust, but pita pizzas are really fun to make and you don’t have to share when you have your own little pizza 🙂Print
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 cup thinly sliced snow peas
- 1 large baby bok choy, thinly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- Peanut sauce, homemade or store bought (1-2 tbps for each pita)
- 6 pitas
- 6–8 tablespoons shredded cheese, I used vegan cheese
- Optional toppings: cilantro, chopped peanuts, green onion, Thai chilies
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. Heat a large pan over medium heat and add olive oil and onion. Saute onion for 2 minutes and then add the red pepper, snow peas, carrots, garlic powder, ground ginger, salt and red pepper flakes. Stir and cook until vegetables are just tender, about 3 minutes. Add in the bok choy, stir until it’s slightly wilted and remove from the heat.
- Place pitas on a large oven sheet and spread each one with 1-2 tablespoons peanut sauce. Top with a small amount of shredded cheese and then evenly distribute the vegetables over each pita. Bake until cheese is melted, 7-10 minutes.
- Top with optional toppings if desired.
*Not all recipes are gluten free or vegetarian but some can be easily adapted.
One Pot Beef and Tomato Macaroni Soup from The Recipe Rebel
Baked Chicken Ranch Taquitos from Pumpkin ‘N Spice
Sheet Pan Lemon Garlic Salmon and Asparagus from Kristine’s Kitchen
Honey Garlic Chicken Stir Fry Noodles from Savory Nothings
One Pan Italian Pasta from My Kitchen Craze
Asian Lemon Chicken from Life Made Sweeter
Spicy Sausage, Kale and Potato Soup from Floating Kitchen
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas from Bake.Eat.Repeat.
Guinness Beef Chili from Flavor the Moments