- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 cup thinly sliced snow peas
- 1 large baby bok choy, thinly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- Peanut sauce, homemade or store bought (1-2 tbps for each pita)
- 6 pitas
- 6–8 tablespoons shredded cheese, I used vegan cheese
- Optional toppings: cilantro, chopped peanuts, green onion, Thai chilies
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. Heat a large pan over medium heat and add olive oil and onion. Saute onion for 2 minutes and then add the red pepper, snow peas, carrots, garlic powder, ground ginger, salt and red pepper flakes. Stir and cook until vegetables are just tender, about 3 minutes. Add in the bok choy, stir until it’s slightly wilted and remove from the heat.
- Place pitas on a large oven sheet and spread each one with 1-2 tablespoons peanut sauce. Top with a small amount of shredded cheese and then evenly distribute the vegetables over each pita. Bake until cheese is melted, 7-10 minutes.
- Top with optional toppings if desired.