These Peanut Butter Hummus Veggie Wraps with Tofu are anything but boring! They’re packed with delicious peanut butter flavored hummus, seasoned veggies, baked tofu and crunchy noodles!
Wraps are one of my least favorite foods to photograph, and as happy as I am that these actually came out looking edible, I still don’t feel like they do the recipe justice because they’re so good!! These Peanut Butter Hummus Veggie Wraps with Tofu are packed so much flavor and healthy ingredients!
This Hummus Veggie Wrap came to my mind on our recent trip to Maui and I was day dreaming about opening up a little sandwich shop there 🙂 This Hummus wrap is going to be one of the most delicious hummus wraps you’ve ever tasted and I would definitely serve them at a restaurant!
Hummus Veggie Wrap Recipe Ingredients and Substitutions
- Peanut Butter Hummus– I came up with this hummus wrap recipe specifically with the peanut butter hummus, so I would definitely recommend taking the time to make the hummus if you have it! The peanut butter hummus has Asian flavors that go well with the veggies. Otherwise, use any store-bought hummus you like.
- Baked Tofu – You can find pre-packaged baked tofu at most natural grocery stores. I usually see teriyaki or sriracha flavored baked tofu. You could also make your own if you like! I also like to take thin slices of tofu and cook them over medium heat with some olive oil and tamari. They get nice and browned and have a nice salty flavor.
- Veggies – I had Asian flavors in my mind when I came up with this recipe so I decided to use Napa cabbage, purple cabbage, carrot, red bell pepper, snap peas, green onion and cilantro. You can really use any kind of veggies you have on hand though!
- Wraps – I used large spinach wraps because I liked the color but you can use any kind of wraps you like. You could also make this recipe into little tacos using corn tortillas.
- Chow Mein Noodles – I love the crunch that the chow mien noodle add! If they’re not your thing, you can omit them or replace with crunchy nuts.
How To Make The BEST Hummus Wraps
- Make your peanut butter hummus and set aside.
- Thinly slice all of your vegetables and add them to a large bowl. Drizzle over the vinegar, oil and Tamari and then toss everything together well.
- Slice your baked tofu into long cubes, as pictured above.
- I like to heat my wrap for a few seconds over medium heat or in a microwave. This will make it a little easier to work with when rolling everything up. If they’ve just been sitting at room temperature and feel pretty pliable, you can probably skip this step!
- Assemble your wraps: place wrap on a flat surface and spread with about 2 tablespoons of the hummus. Next, place two slices of tofu and 2 tablespoons of chow mien noodles down.
- Top with a few handfuls of the veggie mixture and use your hands to carefully wrap the tortilla over all the ingredients. Cut in half and enjoy!
Hummus Veggie Wrap Frequently Asked Questions
- Are these hummus wraps gluten free? All the ingredients are gluten free, just make sure you use a gluten free tortilla wrap.
- Are these wraps vegan? Yes!
- Can I make these Hummus Veggie Wraps ahead of time? Yes, you can make them ahead of time, I would only do about 1-2 days ahead of time because they could get a little soggy if they’re in the refrigerator for too long.
- How should these wraps be stored? I would suggest wrapping in either plastic wrap or parchment paper. Store them in the refrigerator, no the freezer!
- Can I just use regular hummus instead of peanut butter hummus? Of course!
- How many wraps does this recipe make? It makes about 8 but you can easily size it down to fit your needs! It mainly makes that much because of all the vegetables in the recipe.
Have a question that I didn’t answer? Ask me in the comment section below and I will get back to you ASAP!