This Roasted Carrot & Dill Hummus is so flavorful and delicious! Perfect for a spring appetizer!
This post was originally published on May 8, 2014. I’ve updated it with new photos, recipe notes and text. Enjoy!
I’ve been blogging for about 4 years now and I’m not gonna lie, some of my first posts were not good. The photos are terrible and I’m pretty sure my family members were the only people who ever saw the post, haha.
But, some of the recipes are pretty delicious! I hadn’t actually re-made this Roasted Carrot and Dill Hummus in years, but I’m so glad I did today because I’m now reminded of how amazing it is.
Spring is just around the corner, so I thought it would be the perfect time to revive this fresh and flavorful hummus that’s packed with roasted carrots and fresh dill. I used all of the same ingredients but changed a few things. I added extra chickpeas, roasted carrots and cut down on the tahini.
I love how tahini makes hummus really creamy and gives it a slight nutty flavor, but I’m doing Weight Watchers now and 1/2 cup tahini has 25 points (eek!) so I used 2 tablespoons instead and it still tastes creamy and delicious!
And, since chickpeas are now zero points on the Freestyle program, the 6 points from the tahini is the only think that counts in the recipe. You can have half a cup of this delicious and filing hummus for only 1 point! I hope you enjoy this Roasted Carrot and Dill Hummus as much as I do!Print
This Roasted Carrot and Dill Hummus is fresh and flavorful!
- 2 cups diced carrots
- 1/4 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups chickpeas, drained and rinsed, save the juice and set it aside*
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 large clove garlic
- 2 – 3 tablespoons chopped dill, I like a lot of dill in mine!
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt, or more to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- On a large sheet pan, toss together carrots, olive oil and a pinch of salt. Roast carrots until fork tender, 20-25 minutes.
- In a food processor or blender, add the roasted carrots along with all the other ingredients. Turn the food processor on and slowly drizzle in some of the reserved chickpea juice (or water) until desired hummus consistency is reached.
- Enjoy hummus with veggies, crackers, pita or whatever else you like!
Recipe makes 3 cups of hummus. Serving size is 1/2 cup of hummus. Each serving contains 1 Freestyle Weight Watchers point.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
I spy little cat ears!