This Roasted Carrot and Dill Hummus is fresh and flavorful!
- 2 cups diced carrots
- 1/4 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups chickpeas, drained and rinsed, save the juice and set it aside*
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 large clove garlic
- 2 – 3 tablespoons chopped dill, I like a lot of dill in mine!
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt, or more to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- On a large sheet pan, toss together carrots, olive oil and a pinch of salt. Roast carrots until fork tender, 20-25 minutes.
- In a food processor or blender, add the roasted carrots along with all the other ingredients. Turn the food processor on and slowly drizzle in some of the reserved chickpea juice (or water) until desired hummus consistency is reached.
- Enjoy hummus with veggies, crackers, pita or whatever else you like!
Recipe makes 3 cups of hummus. Serving size is 1/2 cup of hummus. Each serving contains 1 Freestyle Weight Watchers point.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup