This Hummus Flatbread with Balsamic Vegetables is easy to make and so delicious! It’s packed with tangy vegetables and creamy hummus, great for lunch or dinner.
*This Hummus Flatbread with Balsamic Vegetables Recipe was originally part of my 30 Minute Dinner Challenge. If you’re interested in joining my new challenge, sign up here!
This Hummus Flatbread with Balsamic Vegetables is one of my favorite quick and easy dinner recipes! I love cooking up veggies until their browned and caramelized and they happen to go so well with hummus, feta cheese and fresh herbs.
I originally made this recipe for dinner but it’s also great for lunch and can be made ahead of time. It’s adaptable to the kind of veggies that are in season and you can even mix it up using different flavors of hummus.
HUMMUS FLATBREAD INGREDIENTS
- Hummus – I have to admit that I buy store-bought hummus quite often but I also have a super make your own for anyone who wants to make their own. I used a roasted garlic hummus but it would be great to mix it up with a different flavor.
- Flatbread – I found personal sized flatbreads at Sprouts that I love but you can make this into one large flatbread, use regular bread or even a tortilla or pita. The flatbread that I bought was soft and could be enjoyed at room temperature but you could also heat yours up if you like.
- Vegetables – I used a mixture of zucchini, yellow squash, onion and red bell pepper. They go well together and cook up quickly on the stovetop. Feel free to add or omit any of the vegetables!
- Feta Cheese – The feta cheese is totally optional here! I like it because it adds a creaminess and tanginess to the recipe. If making vegan, you can use a store-bought vegan feta cheese or make your own.
HOW TO ASSEMBLE YOUR HUMMUS FLATBREAD
- You start by cooking up your vegetables. I really like to cook mine until they’re browned and caramelized, I feel like that brings out so much flavor. You can cook them however long you like or even leave them raw if you want.
- Spread an even layer of hummus onto your flatbread and then top with the vegetables, feta cheese and fresh herbs. I love making the personal sized flatbreads because you can customize them however you like and add as much or as little of the hummus and veggies on them.
These easy hummus flatbreads are great to make when you don’t want to spend too much time on dinner but you still want something healthy and delicious. They can be adapted to whatever vegetables are in season or what your family likes.
Looking for more Vegetarian 30 Minute Dinner Recipes?Print
This Hummus Flatbread with Balsamic Vegetables is an easy and delicious 30 minute vegetarian dinner recipe!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 medium sized zucchini
- 1 medium sized yellow summer squash
- 1/2 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 8–10 tablespoons hummus
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 4 small pre-baked flatbreads or pitas
- Salt and Pepper
- Fresh herbs for topping, if desired
- Dice all the vegetables into small, bite size pieces. Heat a large pan over medium heat and add olive oil, red pepper, zucchini, squash, onion and garlic. Season with salt and pepper and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the balsamic vinegar and cook another 5 minutes or so, until vegetables are softened and starting to caramelize.
- If you like you can heat your flatbread in the oven, stovetop or microwave. Place your flatbread down and spread with about 2 tablespoons hummus. Top with 1/4 of the veggies and then a tablespoon crumbled feta and fresh herbs. Repeat with the other three flatbreads. Slice and enjoy.