Learn how to make Vegan Feta Cheese so you can enjoy it on all your favorite pizza and salad recipes! It’s made with tofu and tons of extra flavor and is the perfect substitute for regluar feta cheese!
I have been sitting on this Vegan Feta Cheese recipe for way too long now! I photographed it around the time I made this Crispy Pita Salad but somehow totally forgot about it. I feel like feta cheese goes so great in most all summer salads, so it’s definitely time for me to share this recipe with you!
I’ve actually been sitting on it way longer than that because I first used this recipe years ago when I made this Vegan Greek Pizza. I’ve always loved Greek food and you can’t have a greek salad or pizza without feta!
Vegan Feta Cheese With Tofu
There are a few ways you can make your own vegan feta cheese recipe but I chose to use tofu for mine. It’s white like feta cheese, it has a really similar texture and it is really great at soaking up all the flavors you add to it. You can also cube it up or crumble it to mimic the look of real feta cheese.
What I love about feta cheese is that it has a really nice tangy flavor to it. It is a cheese, so it adds a creaminess to your recipe as well as a nice acidity to break things up. If you want a more mild vegan feta cheese you can either use less vinegar and lemon juice or just leave it in the marinade for less time.
How To Use This Vegan Feta Cheese Recipe
You can use it anyway you would use regular feta cheese! Here are a few of my favorite ways to use it:
How would you use this vegan feta cheese?Print
- 1 (16 ounce) package extra firm tofu, pressed
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup water
- Juice of 1 medium lemon
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons light yellow miso paste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Whisk all the ingredients, except the tofu, in a medium sized bowl until completely combined.
- You can either cut the tofu into small squares or crumble the tofu with your hands. Add tofu to seasoning mixture and make sure all the tofu is coated well. Refrigerate for at least one hour before using, but can be refrigerated for up to 5 days.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1/6 of recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 68Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 0mgSodium 186mgCarbohydrates 8gFiber 1gSugar 5gProtein 2g
*Information may vary based on brand of ingredient you use.