This delicious and healthy Greek Chickpea Pasta Salad is loaded with tons of protein and vegetables!
This post is sponsored by Chickapea Pasta, thank you so much for supporting the brands that support She Likes Food! All opinions are mine 🙂
So, we’re a few days into 2018 now, are you sticking to your resolutions? I haven’t really been great on the exercising one, but that’s because I’ve been taking advantage of my husband’s last week off from work. I’ve been getting him to watch Eli while I get some work done, toddler free 🙂
It’s amazing how much easier it is to shoot a video or take photos of a recipe without a tiny person trying to climb up your legs. Who would have thought!
I made this recipe while they were at the playground yesterday and I am so excited to share it with you! It’s not only beautiful to look at (so many colors!) it’s also really delicious to eat. It’s packed with tons of healthy vegetables and also lots of protein.
It has protein from the chickpeas and tofu feta that I added in, but the exciting hidden source of protein is the Chickapea Pasta that I used! Have you all tried Chickapea Pasta yet? It’s a pasta that’s made from just two ingredients, organic chickpeas and lentils. How cool is that?!
It has a little bit of a different texture than regular pasta, but I find it to be so much heartier and more filling. It gives such a wonderful texture to this Loaded Greek Pasta Salad and the chickpea/lentil taste really compliments all the other ingredients. It doesn’t take much time to cook up either, which is a huge plus for me.
I wanted to give you all something really bright and fresh today and I’m pretty sure this Loaded Greek Chickpea Pasta Salad does the trick! It’s loaded with so many healthy vegetables and is also protein packed, making it great for lunch or dinner.
Chickapea Pasta is naturally gluten free (yah!) and I used a homemade tofu feta to make it vegan as well. I guarantee you that this pasta salad will make you feel great after eating it 🙂
I hope you all are staying warm out there and having a wonderful start to 2018!Print
This delicious and healthy Greek Chickpea Pasta Salad is loaded with protein and veggies!
- 1 (8 ounce) box Chickpea Pasta, whichever kind you like
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 1/2 cups diced cucumber
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese, I use this homemade vegan tofu feta
- 3/4 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 small handful chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Prepare all vegetables and place them in a large bowl with the feta, chickpeas and parsley.
- Cook chickapea pasta according to package directions. Drain and add to the bowl.
- Add all dressing ingredients to a small bowl, or jar, and whisk until combined. Pour dressing over pasta salad and mix all ingredients together until it’s combined.
- Pasta salad can be served immediately or refrigerated up to 3 days.